Japanese Hand Rake, made by hand in Tsubame-Sanjo, Japan
A hand rake made by blacksmiths specialising only in gardening tools. For over 400 years the area has been known for its blacksmithing traditions. Modern companies trace their roots back to the first few blacksmiths who turned this area into a major blacksmithing community in Japan.
It is a simple design using high carbon steel and natural wood. It is very effective to use and easy to handle.
Hand rakes are used to dig up the soil and remove weeds. In addition to that, you can use it for more elaborate techniques such as soil leveling.
- Made in Japan
- Material: High carbon steel and natural wood.
Large: Length 25.5 cm, Width 8 cm
Small: Length 23 cm, Width 6 cm
- Always check that the wood and steel parts are well attached
- Clean with water
- Do not touch the blades directly with bare hands
- Apply anti-rust oil to further prevent corrosion
- Wrap in a dry cloth if you know you will not use it for weeks
- Keep away from wind, rain, and direct sunlight