Japanese Hand Trowel, made by hand in Tsubame-Sanjo, Japan
A hand trowel made by blacksmiths specializing only in gardening tools. For over 400 years the area has been known for its blacksmithing traditions. Modern companies trace their roots back to the first few blacksmiths who turned this area into a major blacksmithing community in Japan.
It is a simple design using high carbon steel and natural wood. It is very effective to use and easy to handle.
Widely used for transplanting flowers, planting seeds, digging up soil, and cutting the roots of weeds. The tip is sharpened and helps you dig up soil very comfortably.
- Made in Japan
- Material: High carbon steel and natural wood.
- Large: Length 30 cm, Width 7cm
- Small: Length 27 cm, Width 5.5cm
- Always check that the wood and steel parts are well attached
- Clean with water
- Do not touch the sharpened edge directly with bare hands
- Apply anti-rust oil to further prevent corrosion
- Wrap in a dry cloth if you know you will not use it for weeks
- Keep away from wind, rain, and direct sunlight